HI! I’M LARRY
After 24 years in the classroom, from 1999-2013 I was the Executive Director of Professional Development at the Leadership and Learning Center in Englewood, Colorado, consulting with school systems all over the U.S. and Canada. Today I’m an independent author-consultant dedicated to sharing timeless practices to improve teaching and student learning.
During my 24 years as an upper elementary and middle school classroom teacher in demographically diverse schools, I taught well over a thousand students. As a result, I look at all the professional practices I write and speak about through the “lens” of the busy classroom teacher. They must be practical, understandable, and doable, and they must work to improve student learning!
- 24 Years Classroom Teacher
- Taught in 10 Schools
- 1100 Students
- 19 Years Education Consultant
- 15 Published Books
- 10 Book-Based Workshops
- 1450 Presentations and Counting!
- Flown 1.8 million miles in 19 years to assist school systems in implementing proven practices
- Presented in 38 states, Washington D.C., five Canadian provinces, and Argentina.
- Providing thought-provoking conference keynotes and engaging breakout sessions
- Regularly consulting onsite in school systems with school and district leaders and PK-12 educators
Specializing in timeless educational practices:
- Prioritizing and “unwrapping” state standards
- Clarifying learning targets, success criteria, and learning progressions
- Developing common formative assessments
- Designing authentic performance tasks
- Creating rigorous curricular units of study in all content areas
I bring a varied background and wide range of professional experiences to each of my presentations!